Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Recipe: Iced Peppermint Mocha

Note:  I'm traveling the rest of this week for work, so I'm posting this a day early!! Enjoy!


You already know that I love iced coffee drinks.  They are the bomb!  I also try to stay away from the coffee chains because they can really wreak havoc on my budget.  So instead, I thought why not give these new 'off the shelf' coffee products now popping up all over our grocery stores a chance?  I am in love with mocha's as I just think coffee needs chocolate to taste good - Period. And now that it is the holiday season, I have ditched my pumpkin obsession for all things peppermint!  It is so wonderfully delicious. That's where Starbuck's Via (R) Peppermint Mocha comes into play.



I've actually had a package of this product in my pantry for some time now and I just never really knew what to do with it.  Then it hit me.  I must make my own Iced Peppermint Mocha - but not in the traditional sense. I wanted it icy and delectable.  Viola!  The Iced Peppermint Mocha recipe was created.  I hope you love it as much as I do!

Iced Peppermint Mocha
Serves 1

Ingredients:
1 packet Starbucks Via (R) Peppermint Mocha
1 C Milk (I used coconut, but virtually any non flavored milk can be used here)
1 packet sweetener (I used a stevia/sugar blend - you can use more or less to taste)
Ice cubes

Directions:
1. Fill your magic bullet glass, 1/2 way with ice cubes.
2. Pour in one cup of milk.
3. Sprinkle in the packet of Starbucks Via (R) Peppermint mocha and sweetener packet.
4. Completely blend until you hear that there are no ice chunks left.
5. Sip with a straw and enjoy!

Until next time,
J.K. Sasse

No comments:

Post a Comment