Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Homemade Gluten Free Sausage

I really like breakfast foods which is kind of ironic, because I've been eating the same breakfast for almost two years and if I don't have it for breakfast, I have it for lunch of dinner.  I have to have it every day.  Basically it is an egg white sandwich with gluten free bread that I make from scratch, fried egg whites, and American cheese.  This is a good basic sandwich but some days I just need a little added boost to it.  Sometimes I add slices of crispy turkey bacon and other days, I throw in a sausage patty.  This is not any ordinary sausage patty.  It is a homemade, gluten free, super flavorful turkey sausage patty.  It is so lovely and divine.  My whole family loves it so now I'm sharing it with you.

I usually buy the large packages of 93/7 ground turkey at our local Sam's Club and make up a bunch of these and then freeze them for our use for as long as they last.  We eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Sometimes I will make these into crumbles to use on pizza or in an egg bake or just scrambled eggs. It is a versatile recipe that you can use for all of your sausage needs.

Homemade Gluten Free Sausage
Makes 15-20 sausage patties

Ingredients:
2.5lbs Lean Ground Turkey
2 tsp salt
2 tsp black ground pepper
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp garlic powder
3 tsp onion powder
3 heaping tsp sage
2 tsp fennel seeds
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper (you can use up to 1/2 tsp depending on the level of heat you like)

Directions:
1. In a small bowl, measure all of the dry spice ingredients and mix well.
2. Put the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl.
3. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the ground turkey and mix well.  Use your hand to mix the spices completely into the meat.  You want it to be fully incorporated with no dry spice spots through out.
4. Heat a griddle or frying pan with med-high to high heat.
5. Form the meat mixture into small-medium balls and then squish into a patty form. 
6. Put the patties into the hot frying pan or griddle and fry until cooked completely through.

I hope that you love these as much as we do - Enjoy!

Until Next Time,
J.K. Sasse

No comments:

Post a Comment