Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Recipe: Iced Vanilla Pumpkin Spice Latte


I love food made with pumpkin and everything that has to do with pumpkin.  Muffins, pies, cookies, bars, scones, risotto - whatever it is, I'm bound to love it.  So, when of course everyone got all excited for the pumpkin lattes that were out this season, I thought, you know what? I have avoided all coffee shops for some time and I really want to keep it that way, so why not remake this yourself.  There are tons of recipes on Pinterest, so I went to check them out.  It seems like every blogger and their brother has written about this but to be honest, I found their recipes to have a lot of ingredients for something way too simple.  They also served more than one person, and honestly, who else is going to drink this but me?  So I needed to come up with a one person only recipe. Also, I prefer my coffee beverages cold, not hot, so I had to switch that up too. Naturally I turned to a staple in my fridge, the new International Delight "Light" Iced Coffee beverages (pictured below).  My very favorite is the Mocha - but I didn't have that on hand, so I used the Vanilla version for this recipe.  I'm sure you could use any of the three and get something pretty terrific!


Iced Vanilla Pumpkin Spice Latte
Serves One

Ingredients:
1 C. International Delight Iced Coffee in Vanilla Light flavor
             (or any other type of coffee beverage you might want to try.)
2 Tbs. Pumpkin Puree
             (pure pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie mix.)
2 packets or more to taste of artificial sweetener
             (I used sweet-n-low packets.)
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Directions:
1. Measure all of the ingredients into a blender, magic bullet, or whatever it is you use to process smoothies.
2. Blend well.
3. Pour into a glass over ice and sip with a straw.

ENJOY!

Until Next Time,
J.K. Sasse

P.S. Please note, that I am not affiliated with International Delight at all and they have not paid me for this recipe or my review of their products.  This is my own recipe and my personal opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment